Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Tracking for DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DOW JONES BLOG

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

TImeframes

Somebody asked me if I use the same time frames for my futuretrades and my position trades. So when an upward trend is existing in the daily charts, will I only go Long with the future?

I use two time bars on my charts, the 15 min and the 60 min. If an uptrend exist in the 60 min chart would I only trade long with a futurecontract? This would be in general a wise setup. In general because most of the time this strategy isnot working.

Why not?

Movements on the market are never lineair, are never straight up or down in a line. There in every bigger trend opposite movements and these can be very big by itself. On the DAX movements of 100 points in a two days trend are quite normal but within these days short positions can the best to trade. In fact this is a matter of risk management and moneymanagement, two most important keywords in trading.

Read more about timeframes here




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home