Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Tracking for DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DOW JONES BLOG

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The edge

I started trading again yesterday after a holiday of more than a week. The markets at the highest levels, the DAX almost at the magical 5000 level. OK allways difficult to start up again.
I got more confidence in my trading lately. I rememebered these words from a book I read: "finding your edge". I think I found my edge as a trader. How did I do that?

Well first off all I reckognised the unimportance of indicators in my trading. I got rid of them all. I only use the price itself and this liberated me from a whole lot of grail seeking hours. Secondly I started to monitor my bad habits. I sometimes lose my control and become impatient. I learned to wait to play my cards. Well I have a way to go from here. It is never over and it will never stop.
I read something else too: Trading is a game in which you play against the best players in the world. It is not an equal playing field as in sports where Juventus plays against Arsenal but not against some local soccer team. This may frighten you but this is reality.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home