Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Tracking for DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DOW JONES BLOG

Monday, February 20, 2006

TIME FILTER

One of the things concerning me at the moment as a trader is the question if I should take all the tradesetups my system gives. I trade in a very distinctive timeframe: I only trade during the day and don't take positions overnight, so setups that occur after a certain hour I don't take.


The question is not a question about looking for an indicator filter. It is merely a point do I take another trade if my first trades were winners? Why take another another risk? Systemtically you should take the trade but is it worth the risk?


I am not a mathematician but suppose the system produces 10000 trades. You tested it with Monte Carlo or otherwise and it should give a nice profit. But wouldn't you expect that a random part of these trades, say 1000 trades, produce the same result?
I would think so.


But what if I sample all these 10000 trades in series which are determined by timeframes, say weeks or days. Would the result of such a sample serie, in the long run be the same as any other? That's the question I ask because if yes, this would mean that in any chosen timeframe it would be more profitable to stop after a winner or consecutive winners.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home