Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Tracking for DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DOW JONES BLOG

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

DOW SYSTEM AND MARKETS UPDATE

It has been a few days not posting here, too busy with other things. My forward testing of the mini DOW Jones (I am trading it in simulation mode, software also available on the site of CBOT) gave some surprises: it forced me to go overnight several times in a row.
This changes a daytrading system into a positiontrading one. This has consequences: first my riskmanagement changes due to possible gaps occurring on the DOW frequently. Gaps can be huge on the DOW: 50 or 70 points do occur on a regular basis. Secondly, the margin is withdrawn from my account so my regular trading can be influenced the next day. I will test it further but results or not negative for the moment.


A few charts of the markts. The S@P500 and the DOW moving sideways in a range which started at the end of November last year, but below their respective 50 daily SMA. Futures a little lower at the moment. We may test the lower range in these days, see charts below.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home