Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Tracking for DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DAYTRADING FDAX FUTURE DOW JONES BLOG

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Profit run

It has been shown very often that it is wise to let your profits run. Every trader knows this, it gives the best results overall. Just the realtime implementation is so damned difficult. We know that too.

Today there was such a day. But there was something else too: my mind and my expectations. Not that I traded bad today, I gained in total 11 points which is very good but there is feeling I could get more out of the market today.I traded two times today and the first one was a loser and the second one a nice winner, but there you have it. When I was in this trade, I felt it would go in favour of my position, my position was good, but my memory was with the loss before. I was stopped out at my trail.

I have a timeframe for my trades. With this I mean that I am trying to make net profit during one or two days. There lies my consistency. If you use a bigger frame, say a month, a day doesn't matter that much as long as you stay profitable every month. Read this thread about trade consistency
So my second trade brought me a nice win. My target was not hit but later the day it did. This dilemma, choosing for a winning trade to maintain my consistency or choosing for a target to hit is an ongoing challenge which I probably never will solve.


The S@P clearly above the 50 days SMA but far below its years high. See chart. Where does the DAX go this year?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home